Skip to main content

With all my everlasting love, Goodbye...

Well, I got the job.
I spent the last three weeks living and breathing the company and the role, preparing myself completely for the onslaught of interviews. Every spare moment pouring over economics textbooks, business journals and newspapers, paperbacks and online resources. I did everything I could to get that job.
I sat on the train on my journey home with my eyes closed and sent my thoughts up to the sky please let me get it, please, please

I start in 4 weeks, straight after I finish at the school.
Right back in the centre of the City of London. where I belong. where I can thrive, work hard and play hard

back to my best
whatever that best is

I got the call to say I'd been offered the job in the middle of my therapy session. I was overjoyed. My therapist congratulated me. We talked about the incredible progress I had made. We talked about the end... We decided that my last session will be the week before I start my new job.
The sun was shining outside, I felt invincible.
I was doing it. I am doing this. Ready or not, this is the end now - I'm choosing life, I'm choosing to take the opportunity I have been given, I'm choosing to grab hold of everything I have and run with it.

Maybe I will always have an eating disorder, but somehow it feels irrelevant because I've dragged myself out of the hell and depression that once consumed me and I know I'm never going back there so long as I live.

"7 months ago, I had nothing. I had no life, no hope.
I have hope now, I have a whole life of opportunity in the City of London waiting for me if I want it."
I WANT IT.

You see what I've written in my 'About Me' section on the right hand side of this page? Well that day came today. I've been through the hottest fires, I'm made of the strongest steel.
I've made it; I'm ready.




I've been writing for two and a half years - but it's been a lifetime on these pages.
That lifetime in my head full of beauty is over now.
I'm going to live for real. My dreams and ambitions are calling me.

With all my everlasting love,
Goodbye,

Ophelia

Comments

  1. congratulations and good luck. you deserve everything good that you're getting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gz on the job. And have fun living your life :) Bet you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as much as i will miss your posts, i hope you will never need this space again, ophelia!

    it was a pleasure - please don't get this wrong - to have had the opportunity to follow your thoughts

    all the best

    or as b. dylan once put it:

    and if we meet again, introduced as friends
    please don't let on
    that you knew me when
    i was (we were) hungry
    and it was your world

    may all you ever wanted be your world

    adieu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodbye and good luck. I will keep following your blog until you ever decided to delete it.


    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you getting the job! Congratulations and I hope you go on to be as successful in the rest of your life :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You deserve it. As much as I'll miss your posts, I'm glad your life is taking a turn for the better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you!! You should start a new blog for your NEW beginning :) I really don't want to stop reading you. You're a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you I love you I love you. I wish you all the best, you've come so far and you truly deserve it all. I'm very proud. Good luck sweetie, I'll miss you! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. loulou said it better than I ever could. May you find peace wherever you go<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Amazing And Im Glad Your Happy Ever After Is Starting..You Deserve All The Good In The World...Good Luck In Everything I Hope One Day We All Get To A Happy Place :) x Gonna Miss You x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It breaks my heart to see you say goodbye, but I couldn't be more overjoyed at the circumstances.

    :')

    Best of luck, love. Take care of yourself and never cease fighing for your happiness.

    Arohanui,
    Vienn Peridot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling Ophelia,
    It's been so very long since we last spoke. I'm almost 19 now. I moved away from home a year ago: for the City. I've been at university living and studying in Central London. Living that life. Of excitement, joy. Happiness, heartbreak. & recovery. Beauty...
    You have all my love
    Holly x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're all really going to miss you. It's be a tough roller coaster, but you've finally reached the bottom and are getting off. We all understand.

    Have a wonderful life, and good luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ophelia,

    Congratulations. I'm overjoyed for you. I'll miss you, and your words of steel that get me off my ass, and get ambition thrumming through my own slow veins, but I know I can return here and re-read your posts, when I need a pick-me-up. I'm so happy for you, I just wish I could hug you right now, and we could go down to the corner and celebrate with a glass of champagne. You deserve this so much. You are amazing. Please let us know every now and then how you are?

    All my love,
    Willa

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Goodbye and good luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy for you that your dream is coming true! That's got to be the best feeling ever. :) I wish you the very best of luck in all your new endeavors. I'll miss you bunches, but i'm so glad you've found something better to live for. Sending you all my love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the job! That's so exciting! I'm glad that you got it because I know you wanted it so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodbye ophelia. I wish you nothing but the best. Although I will miss your blog terribly I hope you don't come back, because your absence means you're living life the wAy one should.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you will be missed dearly but I send you warm wishes<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be anonymous, leave a name at least so I can identify you back :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardest Post...

. This is the hardest post I have ever had to write. I apologise if it's sporadic and raw. This is everything from the last two months. When I went away with Alex for a weekend on the 16th July and when we went away for the second time on the 13th August. How things became incredible. How things fell apart. The writing in red is what I have written today - my input now - the writing in black is what I wrote on the date stated. Written on 19th July 2010 The dream is not a dream. It exists. I tasted it. I lived it. The happiness of my childhood is not dead. It lives around me – in other children, in other families. I walked hand-in-hand with Alex through the gardens of Chatsworth House, listening to the laughter of children, watching old couples sitting on the wall eating huge cones of soft white ice cream. Seeing families all around me. Joy, happiness, laughter, innocence, contentment, fulfilment. I was right all along. I knew it. I knew it! I had known all along what

Winning

A narrative of the last few days… So Friday was the big day. I went back to my university town for the Annual Dinner Night of my old society. All present members and all alumni – all my best friends, all my old lovers, and the place that made and broke my reputation. Thursday: all I ate all day were two sweets. And I only ate them because M offered them to me on two separate occasions in the library. (M – the law school guy I can’t stop myself from being besotted with.) I was convinced that I looked terrible that day so I hid in the library at law school during our break. I hadn’t seen M all week, but that day, I left my desk for two minutes and returned to find he had sat himself two seats away. I was mortified and pretended not to see him… although from that point on I found it impossible to concentrate on my books… He spoke to me first, and obviously when he offered me a sweet I couldn’t say no for fear of looking weird / seeming rude. Anyway, straight after my day at college was ov